On top of student teaching we have to finish our Check Point 3 for our e-portfolios. I would be ok with this if I could simply wait for my 3 days of Spring break and just do it all in those days off, but I have 3 check points with my Check Point 3 advisor so I "don't get behind" . But I did all of my Check Point 2 in two days. Just finally had a break in the action and stayed in the library till it was done. But....I cant....so their is the second layer on my plate after student teaching.
I also have to keep my lesson plans from every class I teach throughout the week. Now, where I am teaching for my 1st block they do not require lesson plans turned in weekly with GLEs, DOK, Competencies, or any of that. So, I am teaching like my Cooperating teacher does. She rights down notes in her weekly lesson planner and goes from there. But now my Supervisor from MSU is coming on Monday and he is going to expect to see lesson plans from all the days I have taught. Uggg! Third layer on my plate right there.
Now I am not complaining about this at all, because it is the highlight of my week, but driving up to St. James every Sunday after driving 45 mins one way every day for teaching is tiring (totaling almost 11 hours on the road each week). I also put a lot of time during the week thinking and planning for when I am going to see them. I love winter guard and I really love the girls in the St. James winter guard, I just need to make sure it doesn't distract me from what I have to do during the week. There is layer four.
Last semester I went back and forth if I wanted to stay active in Delta Sigma Pi or if I wanted to go inactive for my Student Teaching semester which would mean I wouldn't have to pay dues or go to any of the required events but that I was still a brother. Well, after I decided that I could stay active I had to chose whether or not I wanted to keep my executive position as VP of Community Service. I truly have the mind set that "If you want something done...you have to do it yourself". So I was reelected as VPCS and now have to plan all our Fraternities Community Service events. I usually like to have one each month but in the Spring we have Relay for Life and that is a much bigger event I am in charge of. So there is my layer five.
Its sad that I put him for last but I know he understands. Having a boyfriend takes time too. I wish I could see him more than I do but I knew going into this semester that I would have to be ok with only seeing Kris once a week. I love our time together and I just cant wait for summer when we can have more of it. Which makes Kris my layer six.
I LOVE my student teaching, it is already the end of week 4 and it feels like the time has just ran by me. I know I will make it through the semester victorious... Learning tons in student teaching and having all my lesson plans to show it, completing my Check Point 3, seeing the St. James winter guard be successful, doing my best as VPCS, and having an amazing boyfriend through all of it. I just need to learn how to survive off less sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment