This weekend was GREAT!
My mom and sister came down for Ozarko. They got there in time to watch St. James perform (and a few other bands) and then come to Willard to watch our practice/run through. Then we grabbed some Starbucks (thanks Mom for putting money on my gift card again!) and then to MSU campus for the competition.
We watched a couple bands together then I had to go warm up the color guard girls. When I got over to the band the girls were doing their hair so I grabbed a bite to eat. The band parents had cooked Filet Mignon, Shrimp, Mashed Potatoes, and Green Bean Casserole. SO GOOD!!!
The band and color guard had a (safe) good run during Prelims. It was a little flat but still very good. It is hard for me to judge it though, because I was on the track watching it.
Chris got there just in time to see Willard perform! I was so happy to see him. This long distance thing is getting hard! I miss him like crazy!
After Willard was finished Chris and I went and watched some more bands with my mom and sister.
He took a pic of us....we were sitting close to the top of the stadium!

And then one with my phone!
.jpg)
Willard ended up receiving:
Dinner Bell Award
Best Pit Crew
Best Music
Best Visual
Best Drum Line
Best Color Guard
1st Place
For Prelims and drew a 9:06 performance slot.
The entire staff thought the finals run was even better than Prelims. Probably the best we had ever see the Band and Guard perform!
For Finals Willard received:
Best Visual
Best Drum Line
1st Place
It was a BIG day for Willard. A great competition for the kids.
Sunday Chris and I watched the Chiefs game (they lost their first one of the season) and did a couple things around town. A very relaxing day. I love when he is around.....we always have the best time!
Like I said, it was a great weekend.....except the part when Chris had to leave. It is only Monday and I already miss him. I don't get to see him this weekend and that's going to be hard. But, we will make it through.

I love those pictures! :o) And YAY Willard!
ReplyDeleteHad a blast!! So enjoyable to just sit and watch...tell everyone at Willard congrads!! I know exactly how awesome that feels!!
ReplyDelete