Monday, August 24, 2009

The Weekend


There comes a point when "moving on" stops being something you keep telling your self you have to do and becomes a reality. I don't know what is more terrifying, the inability to stop loving someone or allowing yourself to fall for someone else after being hurt so badly. It has been exactly 5 months since the break up and about 2 months since the news that broke me beyond repair. But this weekend...


I met someone in July. Me and a few of my Deltasig friends went to KC to spend the weekend at a Deltasig Alumnus's lake house and he was there. We all had an extremely fun time and I did not really think much of this guy I met till we went back to the lake the weekend before school started. It was now the second time we got the chance to hang out and I find out he lives here in Springfield.


So, we decided to spend some time together this weekend. Now, I am not saying that I am falling for this guy. I think this weekend just made me feel like I could "move on" finally. He took me for a ride on his bike (one of those really fast Japanese motorcycles), we watched some TV, he took me to dinner at Fugi (so freakin good!), then watched a movie, and just had a blast of a weekend.


I have to admit that I am scared beyond the telling of it to fall for someone again. I am worried that who ever I date next will find a very withdrawn and broken person inside. But its a step I think. This weekend I had fun and I look forward to doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment