When I lived at home I remember my dad having to give Chip and Pumpkin medicine from time to time. Every time he would have to give them a pill he would open up their mouth, put the pill at the back of their throat, close their mouth, and rub their neck so the pill would go down.
I hated watching that!!!
Not that I thought it hurt them or anything...it was just kinda gross.
Well, I took Leo to the vet yesterday and now I am having to give him medicine twice a day. Last night was our first try at this and I was determined to have him take his medicine without him even realizing it.
SO!
I wrapped up the little pill in a piece of bread, gave it to him like he did something good, and he swallowed it right down!!! I was so excited!!!
This morning, I did the same thing and he was a perfect little dog. I know he doesn't even realize what he is doing to make me so happy...but him taking his medicine that quickly in the morning is just what I need.
Phoebe goes to the vet today, so we will see if she has to be on anything. It will be kinda crazy if both my dogs and myself are on meds for the next 2 weeks. Oh, well! We will get it all taken care of.
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'd rather give pills to a dog than to a cat.... Kitty can really bite, can bunch up her tongue so nothing can get behind it, scratches, hisses and scares me to death. Doggy on the other hand is easily fooled with pill pockets and usually lets me stick my fingers half way down his throat if need be.
ReplyDelete9 month old grandsons however are in a category all their own...impossible.
Rosemary