Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Home owner

Yesterday was the big day.

I was told last week, either Thursday or Friday, that we were going to be closing on the house at 1 o'clock on Tuesday. Now, when I first read the news in my email I became very excited. It was finally going to happen. But, I quickly pulled back and became slightly cautious. The reason for this is because back in mid July I was driving down to Springfield from the color guard camp I was currently working to close on this very same house. I was excited...really REALLY excited that I was going to have my own house. Then the phone rang....it was my Realtor. He told me we were not going to be able to close on the house like we had thought. Now for the next 2 months I have been waiting...waiting for the house I call "mine" to actually be MINE.

So yesterday I took a half personal day from school, went to get the cashier's check, grabbed a quick lunch, and headed to the title place where I would sign papers finally making my "Golden" house mine. It seemed to be like 100 pages I had to sign, but I did not care. My Realtor was there which made me feel very comfortable and my loan guy was there to make sure I understood all the loan parts. Also, very comforting. It only took around 15 minutes...and it was official...I own my own house.

It is a big relief to finally be finished with all that, but now I feel a different type of exhaustion. Now all the things I have been wanting to do with the house, all the little projects I thought I could do during the summer, I can do but has to be crammed into a weekend here and a weekend there.

1st priority - Painting the living room/kitchen and my bedroom. (any advice and/or help would be awesome!)

2nd - Decorate! I have some wall art...but again, would love some help with ideas.

3rd - Change the light fixtures in the kitchen, living room, both bedrooms, and office. Also, change out the water faucets/shower heads in the kitchen and bathrooms.

4th - tare out my ugly landscaping!

5th - New floors!!! But that has to wait till after the tax credit. And I want to extend the cabinets in my kitchen so I have a little pantry. Oh yeah...that will be fun for the guys in my life to help me with.

While doing all this I have stuff I need to sell on creigslist. My dishwasher and refrigerator need to go but no earlier then Sept 26 (that's when my new ones will be delivered). Also, some end tables and other little furniture things I don't need.

Can you tell I am on over load right now!?!?!? I am really rambling in this post. Sorry. I need to just make a schedule with when I can do what. Because right now it is all in my head and I feel like it all needs to be done this weekend! AAHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment