Friday, September 18, 2009

Looking more like me...

My house is slowly but surely starting to look my like "me" and my style which is making me very happy. I just love sitting in my living room now, everything is clean and the colors go so well together. Its the perfect place for me to unwind after school...watch a Buffy, read a book, or just eat some popcorn with Oprah on the TV.

The kitchen is ALMOST done. One or two coats of paint on the front of the cabinet doors and they will be ready to go back up. I am getting new hardware for them; black hinges and sleek black handles to match my potentially all black appliances. The walls still need to be painted but that wont take much time at all. I cant wait for that part of the project to be finished...I miss my clean and organized kitchen. I keep having to eat out for dinner because you cant cook with all the painting stuff out. I do love going out to eat...but it gets expensive!

My bedroom will probably be painted next weekend! A deep, rich purple. One of the colors I like has the word "wine" in the name, which I love. That will definitely change the mood of the room and make me enjoy being in there even more.

I am looking forward to the day when all my little projects are DONE and I don't have anything to do (with the house) on the weekend. That will be a happy day for me. Until then, my weekends are full of home improvement projects to help make my house more like my home.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's coming together! You have picked some great colors, too!! Take pictures!!! I'd love to see "the transformation." Enjoy the fresh paint smell, too!! LOL!!! Hugs, Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete