For the past few days, in my Computer Applications I class I have been listening to Christmas Music while they work on their All About Me PowerPoint project. The kids always like it when I put music on when they are working independently. Usually, I play the radio station called Alice because 1. It is the only station that comes through clear in my room and 2. It has a great mix of music from now, 90's, and good 80's. But, since it is December and Christmas is only like 20 days away I decided to play 88.3 The Wind who has Christmas music on 24/7.
It is fun. I think most of the kids really like it. I know I do : )
Friday, December 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteHmm...I don't agree with Douche Bag except for in one thing...he/she is a douche bag!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, to get hung up on something like this is ridiculous! Since we are getting caught up on words here, then let's just take a look at the concept of Christmas time. The concept of time is an overlapping thing, therefore, it is a vicinity of time. The whole theme of "Christmas" is essentially Christ...hence Christmas. Now, we could also look at the suffix of "mas", and depending on how you look at it, it can be defined as "feast day", "festival", or "mass". Now during the time of Advent, you go to church every Sunday (mass), thus the spirit of Christmas time could very well extend all the way through the month. Festivals can last for an extremely long time, so it could very well be the whole month of December celebrating in the glory of God, which personally, I'd rather look at it in that term than only really focusing on ONE DAY. Lastly, of course you have the feast day. But considering our fast paced, underpaid, usually cruel, and poverty stricken society, I'd still rather consider every day a feast and to celebrate it with as many people as I can. Again, I like the idea of compassion for more than one day. I like the idea of holiday spirit, which is oh so very dismissed any other time of the year, for more than one day.
Truly, Douche Bag, arguing semantics is absolutely narrow of you. Let us also consider that not every religion believes in Advent. So, Christmas time is easily acceptable....And let's face it, Douche Bag, I'm sure God doesn't mind what day you call it as long as you celebrate his name, love him, be compassionate towards others, giving towards others, and kind...which apparently you are not, so I'd say you are quite the hypocrite.
But I'm going to go out on a limb here, and attempt to help you in your misguided mind, and extend a simple olive branch for such a grievous and disgraceful act to take someone's happy blog and turn it into one of sour. Truly you are not thinking of Jesus, nor God today as you so vehemently wish to celebrate, but rather you choose to be so nasty towards someone who wants to be cheerful and enthusiastic about this time of year IN A GOOD WAY! Why any Jesus loving or God loving person would take opportunity to degrade that is simply a person who uses Jesus and God as faces for fake adoration. However, may God bless you and keep you and care for you in this festive Christmas season.
Sonja, have a happy Christmas season, and enjoy the love of those who truly love you and support you and care for you for who you are and how you are. My warmest wishes for you, and your family. Chin up, and keep listening to those sweet Christmas time songs. :-)
Sincerely,
A guardian angel at your side
Hey Douche Bag! Why not try living your life and behaving like Jesus would want you to instead of spewing words that are meaningless when they come from your vile, lying mouth. . Since that's probably unrealistic, why not just shut the **** up. Just a thought
ReplyDeleteJust thought I would sit down and read some old post-both Sonja's and Chrissy's..I just read a blog from sonja about a night and crying...this is what I thought after I read the comments from that blog........I will never understand why anyone hides behind the word "Anonymous" If you are a friend and even if you disagree you should state your name...if Sonja knew you cared enough to read her blog..she might care enough to listen..I thought anonymous only happend in high school and in AAA.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteSusan, she knows who we are. :-) Anonymous is not meant for her but for other people in general. I let her know when it's me, just not here. I have my reasons, and she understands. So really, it's okay. :-)
ReplyDeleteKristopher Robin...if you really were so simple in your message to Sonja, you wouldn't have put your salutation as "Douche Bag". You automatically make your comment sound more like a sarcastic jab than a simple philosophical debate on Christmas. So go sell your game somewhere else.
ReplyDelete