I feel that many things on the Internet have made grown adults revert back to being in middle school with immature middle school behaviors.
I remember when I was in middle school, someone would have a birthday party (or some other type of get together) and invite only specific people. They wouldn't do this secretly either...they would pass out the invitations right in front of everyone so that those who were not invited would know and everyone around them would know that they weren't "liked enough" to be asked to the party.
Now that we are older, some do the same thing. Sometimes through facebook or myspace or twitter and now even through blogs. A person's blog or profile account who you use to be able to go to and read....you have been "uninvited" and it is a slap in the face.
Things like this hurt me because I am the type of person who does not hold grudges and typically gets over fights/arguments pretty quickly. I know that people around me have different opinions than me and sometimes discussions can get heated...but I never hold it against someone if we get in a bit of a fight because we see things differently. Once the discussion is over...I'm over it. I would never block someone from an account of mine just because we exchanged a few heated words.
But maybe its just me. Maybe I am a duck, letting things roll off my back, and some can not do the same. There is this person in my life that I love very much, but she has the tendency to hold on to hurtful things for years and years. I have seen how it eats at her and I refuse to let my soul be ripped apart in that way.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment