Tuesday, November 3, 2009

30 Days of Thanks

I have had many posts copying my sister...because, like I have said before, part of me is still that little 6 year old girl who wants to be just like her big sis.

I saw she is doing 30 Days of Thanks during the month of November...and with what has been happening to me lately...I need to focus on what is wonderful around me instead of what is not.

I am a few days late so I will do 2 today and tomorrow to get back on track. Just like my sister said in her blog, some of the things I am thankful for might be deep and heart filled, but some my be a little shallow.

#1

I am thankful for my new friend I met through this blog. Even though she lives in a different state I feel very close to her. She is someone that I know knows exactly how I feel and what I am going through. She has such a kind way of telling me things that I need to hear, but also already knows when I've heard to much and cant take anymore. I think if we lived closer to each other it would be an amazing friendship...because even through the Internet I consider her a true friend already. It doesn't shock me that we are so much alike. The person who brought us to each other seems to like the same "type" of people. Again, I am thankful for her...it makes it worth going through a valley to have a new friend through it all.

#2

I am thankful for Ben and Jerry's ice cream and more specifically Half Baked Ben and Jerry's ice cream. This is no problem that that ice cream can not fix. I have had many sad girly nights that was made better because of the wonderful Half Baked and Hope Floats.

So there are my first 2 things I am thankful for. More to come tomorrow and through out the month. Maybe my blog will be more cheery to read now....I know some of you were concerned.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I like this I may try it myself. :) Thanks for the awesome idea...and the compliment! Tell your sister she has another person stealing her ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur, this new friend, and the new friend I hope to make tonight, are, I hope, lights at the end of my tunnel. Thank you ladies! R

    ReplyDelete