Friday, November 6, 2009

Thanks # 6

I have to say before I post this, that on my ride to school today I knew this was what I was going to put as my #6 for the 30 Days of Thanks. When I read my sister's blog this morning I actually laughed out loud because....

#6

I am thankful for my 2 car garage and my garage door opener. For my first year of college I lived in the dorms, no garage close by there. Then for the next 4 years I lived in apts off campus, again no garage for me. Now, my last apt I was in did have a car port which helped. But it is not the same as having your car in a garage that is attached to your house.

I love how in the morning I can go to my car and not worry about the weather. I think about when it frosts in the morning, one thing I hate is having to scrap off my from windshield. But with my car in the garage I don't have too. Also, having a garage door opener means I never have to stand in the rain, snow, or sleet to get in my house.

Its the simple things that I love really. The things that you don't think about till you don't have them. The little things that just help life be go by a little easier. My garage and garage door opener are just 2 of those simple things I am thankful for. And apparently my sister and I have the same love for our garages. Which I find to be funny....

Great minds think alike...

No comments:

Post a Comment