#16
I am so thankful that I have a sense of humor and that I do not get embarrassed very easily. There is a reason why I am thankful for this today....here is the story!
So, in 3 hour today (the one hour in the day where my class room is completely full) my bra strap broke. I was a little worried that some of the students would have noticed; but, it wasn't something I was to concerned about. After I was done talking to the class about what they needed to do today I went to my desk. Because I found it to be kinda funny, I opened up my email and decided to tell one of my teacher friends what happened.
HERE IS WHERE THE BAD PART COMES IN.....
I had been showing my students an example up on my SmartBoard and forgot to put the screen on freeze before I started my email. Most of the kids were busy working but a hand full of my students saw my letter to my friend.
THE SECRET WAS OUT!
One girl started giggling and I knew right then what happened. So, I very calmly minimized my email, put the screen on freeze, and looked at the girl and said "Sooo can you help me out or are ya just gonna laugh at me?" and the girl just looked at me and said "Aren't you at all embarrassed?" Me get embarrassed? Not gonna happen. I told her I wasn't and the other kids that saw where amazed I wasn't freakin out. I said, maybe if my pants fell off in the middle of class I would be embarrassed.
Hope I didn't jinks myself with that one!
But the rest of the class kept on working....the ones that saw found if funny for a couple mins and then moved on. I truly believe that because I did not freak out the "crisis" did not turn out to be a hour long distraction. After class I went down to the wonderful FACS teacher and asked for a safety pin and told her what happen. She smiled, laughed a little, and gave me the 2 safety pins I needed to make it through the rest of the day.
I am so thankful that I am not easily embarrassed and that I can let things roll off my shoulders. I also think the kids enjoy the fact that I can make fun of myself from time to time.


This reminds me of the day I went to Tara Day Spa...and my period arrived unexpectedly. I saw several of the employees standing at the front desk - all girls - and I said, "Does anyone have a tampon?" One girl went quickly to her purse, found one, and handed it to me. I said, "See, I knew this was a full-service establishment!" They all laughed! :o)
ReplyDelete