My "Winter Guard Wednesday" today will be more about clearing the air than actual guard. However, if you know me...you know that the last few days have not been good ones for me and there was a need to clear the air between me and another guard person.
It is just my nature that when someone does or says something that bothers me...I tell them. (Some of my friends joke that I have no filter between my head and my mouth.) We might have to hash a few things out, some heightened emotions might arise, and uncomfortable conversations might be brought up, but once I can get that all out and we are able to come to an understanding...I'm over it! Really! I can move on and know that the issue is out there and there are no questions about where I stand. It makes me completely free to move forward.
Last night, after MS WG, L and I were able to sit down and talk about something very important. I was very honest with her on how I felt about what happened and she was able to talk to me about everything as well. The biggest thing I wanted her to know was how much she means to me. A lot of other issues were cleared up as well and I felt practice feeling so much better. Just being able to communicate to each other instead of one of us having to hear it from someone else made everything better.
Because of all that, practice this morning had no tension and we can progress through the rest of the season the same way. I think this will also help us understand each other as people (out side of winter guard) even better, too. Then, next season and the season after that will be stronger as well.
Where I struggle the most are those very few people in my life that I do NOT feel comfortable talking to and telling how I truly feel. If they have upset me, or offended me, or hurt me in some way....I cant tell them. So, I keep it bottled up inside and I hate that. I carry it around with me because there is no way to let it out. Then it just makes the next thing that much harder.
Right now I am working through how to talk to those individuals. Because, in all honesty, they are worth talking to. If they weren't incredibly important people in my life then they wouldn't be able to effect me the way they do.
Right now, I'm just glad today is so much better. Clearing the air can really have that effect! More people should try it!
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment