"Michael... I love you. I've loved you for nine years, I've just been too arrogant and scared to realize it, and... well, now I'm just scared. So, I realize this comes at a very inopportune time but I really have this gigantic favor to ask of you. Choose me. Marry me. Let me make you happy. Oh, that sounds like three favors, doesn't it?" -My Best Friend's Wedding
“Okay, here it is, your choice... it's simple, her or me, and I'm sure she is really great. But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big 'pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window', unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me.” -Meredith Grey
Something amazing happened to me this weekend....something that has NEVER happened to me. In all my experiences in dating...I have never been with someone that would CHOOSE ME over everything else. I remember a couple specific situations when I just wanted to scream out for them to want me and pick me over the other person or thing....but they never did. I was never that type of priority to anyone....until now.
Now, I'm not going to get into the entire story of what happened, because really that isn't what matters, but I will tell you that Chris took my breath away this weekend when he picked me. When he put me as a top priority and chose me. I remember looking at him and telling him that I would be fine and that he should go...I told him that more than once...but that wasn't even an option to him.
Sometimes I feel so undeserving of him. I don't know what I must have done to get the chance to have him in my life. He is extraordinary!
"Because I believe we can be extraordinary together rather than ordinary apart. And I want to be..."
Maybe it feels this way because we are together. Maybe apart from each other we are just normal people...but together we become something more. I feel special with him....he makes me seem important.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What happened to Leigh?
ReplyDelete