My sister and I, while at the Women of Joy, talked about the Couch to 5K program she did that helped her build up to running the TWO 5Ks she has already participated in.
Now, my desire right now is not to build up to a specific 5K....just build up to running in general. I feel very out of shape right now and do not have much energy after work to do the things that need to get done around the house. I know that exercise actually does give me more energy...so I need to get on board. I thought this Couch to 5K would be the best way to do it so I don't feel like I cant walk up the stairs in the morning to get to my class room. A gradual building up to running more and more....sounds good to me.
I might even take Phoebe or Leo running with me. Leo needs to get some energy out...he is such a puppy right now. He wants to play all the time....so cute unless I am tired and want to take a nap and he is pawing at me and bringing me toys.
On top of the Couch to 5K I hope to get out my Jilian's 30 Day Shred again. Chrissy said that I could do the Couch to 5K program 3 days a week...so I might do my Jilian DVD 3 days a week (the days I'm not running) and take a day off. Probably Sunday!
Last week I started bringing my (more healthy) lunch with me to school again. I will continue to do that as I start working out. I am looking forward to feeling the change in my body. Just hope I keep motivated.
Feel free to give any encouraging words while I start this....to help keep me going!
*Edit*
Apparently I will be running 5 days a week. So...Mon-Fri it is! Probably wont add Jilian to that unless the running REALLY gives me more energy!
Thanks Chrissy!
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

RUN 5 DAYS A WEEK! :o) Is that encouraging? Couch to 5K really is a great program. Hope you like it!
ReplyDeleteI love Couch to 5K podcast. You run 3 days a week for that program!
ReplyDeleteWhy would someone chase you for 5 kilometers? I'd think they'd give up after a few hundred yards... No reason to run unless chased, right? :)
ReplyDeleteSomeone...."anonymous" knows me pretty well.... : )
ReplyDeleteMrs. Haid is right, but we ran 5 days a week anyway! ;o)
ReplyDelete