Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Idol.....

There are many people I look up to. Different people for different reasons. I look up to my mother for her constant strength and my father for his drive and competitive nature. There are teachers I hope I can learn from and be more like. When I was a performer still (spinning on Pride) I looked up to other performers like Anna H. and Heather M. for their skill and amazing performance qualities. As a guard instructor/designer/choreographer I look up to Kim K. for her style and abilities to write great work and create effect. All wonderful people with amazing talent...I look up to them and try to learn and be more like them.
There is a person I look up to A LOT....I wish I could be in her brain for just a moment.
Sonya Tayeh!!!



She is a dance Choreographer on the TV show So You Think You Can Dance.



The things she comes up with are always awesome to watch.

She has a very corkey nature to her movement....when you see it you know its Her.

And it can also have a very sexy side to it as well...
Even though she has that edgy, sexy, corkey style...she can also create things that are beautiful and lyrical.



She is brilliant and I will get a chance to learn from her on Sunday! It is only 4 days away till I get to meet one of my Idols!!! I cant wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment