Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Winter Guard Wednesday

The girls from the winter season keep asking me when we are going to start things up again.

I love that they want to get back in the swing of things. That they didn't get burnt out on the back to back fall and winter seasons. That they enjoyed themselves enough to want to start things up already. Really adds to the thought that we did something right this year.

I knew when EVERY MEMBER came to audition for Fall that THAT was a good sign. And on top of that, the girls have only had a little over 3 weeks since Championships and they are telling me they are having "withdrawals" how cute is that!!!

I want to use that this spring and summer. We are planning on having 3 morning rehearsals, once a week, starting in May. Those last 3 weeks of school will be good to take them into the summer. Once a week so they can still sleep in a little here at the end of the semester.

I know we will be working on body and flag technique, but I am hoping to teach them a body warm up and body stretch that we can do every day this fall. You cant stretch cold muscles and we do that all the time in Winter Guard. I also want to add some strength in with that warm up exercise....something to help our upper bodies be stronger. I know it will help everything we do if the girls bodies are stronger.

Summer will be here before I know it....I am really looking forward to it! : )

2 comments:

  1. What a cute blog and a GREAT blog name...
    Had a few hours to blog hop ......so glad that I stopped here....Be sure and stop by and read about a miracle in our family....
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-think-god-smiled.html
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete