So, until I figure out what TYPE of floors to get...I am going to focus on the color and how it will go with my house.
I am wanting DARK hardwood floors. I worried that with my walls already being a somewhat dark (greenish) brown color that it would make the room to dark. But, I think with my red couch and getting a eggshell colored rug it will be ok. Kinda thinking it might look a little like this....

I know how I want my room to turn out with the new floors and pant on the walls! Much like this pic. Blue on the walls....white bed....and dark hardwood.


Now...I'm not sure what to do with my Kitchen. I was planning on putting tile in my kitchen, but after seeing these pics I am wondering if I should continue the hardwood into the kitchen. I bet it will come down to cost for me.
Along with the floor I have been thinking about changing my counter tops. I usually like high contrast...so with my cabinets being white I was thinking of getting black or charcoal gray granite counter tops. Like these below.





I really like the idea of the counter tops tieing in with my black appliances and getting silver handles for my cabinet doors. Very modern and clean looking.
But I also like the lighter colored counter tops in this pic....

With the lighter tile (a very big difference to the dark hardwood...breaking the living room off from the kitchen) with the lighter counter tops. There seems to be a bit of a "cozy" quality to this.
So much to think about. If anyone has an opinion feel free to share! I have just a little over a month before these decisions need to be final!


The interior designer was here yesterday.
ReplyDeleteI too am rethinking my kitchen, living room, den. It's been 15 years and every one of them is pulling me DOWN. I still love my house, and only want to update, rejuevenate my home. Decisions, decisions,.....