I have the best boyfriend in the WORLD!!! Females....be jealous all you want! I would be to if I were you. : )
This weekend was so much fun. I am really enjoying these moments that we get to spend with each other when nothing is going on (aka winter guard).
Friday, we started the weekend with my first Waffle House experience. It was pretty funny. Chris for whatever reason LOVES Waffle House and felt like it was important for me to go there at least once. The food was good. Well, it was ok. But the atmosphere was truly amazing. I mean really...exactly the romantic feeling every girl wants to have. : ) Its ok though...I was able to have grits for the first time in a LONG time.
After that we came home and watched a movie. The Prestige. I love that movie and Chris had never seen it. I think he liked it.
Saturday was really amazing. I got up early to take the dogs to the groomer. Chris is really funny in the mornings because he is so NOT a morning person. So, here I am being super cheery, because I have learned to like the mornings, and Chris is being all....crabby! It was fun to have those roles reversed. When it was finally late enough and Chris felt like it was time to get up we went to Lowes and got some things I needed for the house. He is such a big help, I often get overwhelmed and feel lost at Lowes. After that we picked up the dogs, dropped them off at the house, and went to the Springfield Cardinals game!
The game was really fun. I was pretty cold from the wind so Chris bought me a Cardinals coat. Its RED and AWESOME!!! I tried to get him to buy something Cardinals to wear....he didn't. (Don't worry, this summer when he comes to a St. Louis Cardinals game I will, somehow, get him to wear something!) The tickets we got were up in the Roost or something like that. We had an all you can eat type thing, which of course Chris LOVED. We didn't win the game but it was still a really good time.
After the game we came home and had a pretty relaxing evening. College softball was on ESPN so we watched some of that. Chris asked me some softball questions and I was able to talk about a sport that I really do miss. Then we went to get some KFC for dinner, came back and watched the 3rd Underworld movie. (One of my favorite Vampire movies)
Sunday we really SLEPT IN. Woke up in time for lunch. I took Chris out for his FIRST sushi experience. I wanted to take him to Haruno where I took my mom for her first sushi dinner but they were closed. So, my second choice was Umi. I picked my favorite roll and then another one I thought he would like. He actually did like it. (2 for 2 now...Chrissy you are next!) I was SO excited. Of course it wasn't quite enough food for him so we went and got some Andy's for desert!
After lunch we went to Havery's and a couple other places to look at furniture. I thought it was nice of him to do that with me. I mean...it is furniture for MY bedroom, so it really shouldn't matter to him. But he is such a sweet guy he lets me show him stuff like that.
During all of this fun, Chris also helped me with little odds and ends around the house. My sink in my bathroom wasn't draining so he showed me the spot that normally gets clogged, unclogged it, and that was that. I was having some ant trouble in the kitchen so we got some ant killer and he helped me find where we think they were coming in from. He passionately tried to fix the fan in my bedroom...which has never worked since I moved in. He didn't find the problem, but I'm guessing that is something he will try again when he comes to visit. And he helped me changed all the lights I couldn't reach without a chair. I love having a TALL boyfriend.
He is so handy...and fun! Doing stuff around the house is so much more tolerable when someone is doing it with you. We make such a great team and we have such a great time together. This coming weekend he will be spending Mother's day with my family. I love that he wants to get close with my family. I sometimes don't like to share him yet...but it's ok. Its fun having him there.
I never knew a relationship could be so easy and such a perfect fit. You always hear that stuff like that is hard...its so hard....it takes so much work. Well, right now there is no work. It just...fits! And I am happy for that. : )
Monday, May 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteSounds like he's a keeper for sure.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete