I have NEVER wanted, or even saw the point, of a long distance relationship. I always equated it to a middle school relationship, where you say you are "boyfriend" and "girlfriend" but you never go anywhere because you're to young. You have the title, but nothing else about a real relationship. At least that is what I always thought...
It was also hard for me to understand growing closer if you couldn't see each other a lot of the time. As a person who HATES talking on the phone, the option to grow closer by those means was never a desirable idea to me. Along with the fact that I am NOT a patient person, and having to wait till the weekend or some other occasion to see my significant other, a long distance relationship would just be painful! At least that is what I always thought...
Also, I completely disagreed with the phrase "Absents makes the heart grow fonder." I believed that "Absents makes the heart forget!" At least that is what I always thought...
I never thought I could do this...be completely content with being in a relationship with someone who lives 2 and a half hours away from me and only seeing them for short periods of time on the weekend. But I am!
It is actually perfect for me and my life right now! I am so busy during the week that if I dated someone here I wouldn't be able to see them much anyway and Leigh completely understand my crazy schedule! It is hard to find someone who truly does, so I am going to keep him around for a WHILE! Maybe one day we will be living closer to each other, but for now I am living weekend to weekend...just waiting till I can see him next.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's amazing how things work out perfectly...in ways you didn't expect...in different life circumstance. This may have not worked for you a year ago...two years ago...because your schedule and life wouldn't lend itself to a long distance relationship working. But now...it does.
ReplyDeleteBecause sometimes things just work out like that. :o)
I've been in a couple of long distance relationships. They only seem to last as a temporary solution (the longest for me was two and a half years) before I just couldn't handle it anymore. But the distance was also much longer.
ReplyDeleteI felt the same way before I was in one as well.