So today on my Winter Guard Wednesday I'm actually going to be talking about Fall Color Guard.
It is crazy how we are already planning for the Fall season. With our school doing scheduling earlier and earlier...and the guard girls needing to register for Band if they make the guard...we have to choose the members for the Fall 2010 season by March 12th.
AHHH!
That is before Winter season is even over. Before MCCGA Championships!
So, what we are having to do is run practices upstairs while the winter guard is practicing down on the gym floor. One of us will have to run fall practice (for auditions) while the other 2 are working down with the winter show. Which means from tomorrow till March 10th there will be Guard Craziness going on in our WHS gym!!!
First of all I hope it does not distract from our winter competitive drive. I hope it doesn't distract the winter guard members from be focused and working hard. Second, I hope it doesn't effect us while we are teaching the potential new members. That we wont be thinking about the winter show and not giving 100% to the girls wanting to audition for next year. Both of those will not be good for the program.
It will be an experience to say the least. I hope it goes well...I'm sure it will be ok. Lets all pray that we have like 75 or 100 girls come out to be on the guard!
I can dream....right?
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment