Ok, I did something a little crazy yesterday....
I bought a new puppy!!!!!
For a really long time I have wanted a Bichon and there have been a couple Bichon mix puppies at Petland but they were always just to expensive. One was a Bichon/King Charles (which was so precious) for $1,100 and then another Bichon mix (I cant remember exactly what) for around $900...and I just couldn't imagine buying a dog for that much. At least not me...I don't have that kind of money just sitting around.
But this weekend Petland had a big sale on all types of stuff and they had a couple puppies that had been there for a while on like super sale. So of course I had to go by and see!
Then I saw him!!! A Bichon/Poo!!! Boy!!!! He was the cutest lil thing.
From behind the glass I wasn't sure if I should take him home. But then another family decided to play with him. In that moment I knew if he went home with them and not me I would be really upset! They gave him back to the worker (thank goodness!) and then I asked to see him.
It was pretty much game over at that point and when I found out he was only $388 and decided to get him. It ended up being more than that because I had to get him his own bed, food and water bowl, some food, and other little things....but he was SO worth it.
He has been really good so far. He really wants to play with Phoebe, but she isn't really interested in him yet. She gets a little confused when he is on my lap and not her. I'm feeling some jealousy from her too. So me and my room mate have a deal worked out...if one of us is playing with Leo (that is his name) then the other must be giving Phoebe attention too. She seems to be ok with that so far.
Another good thing about Leo...He did not whimper at all last night when we went to bed and we put him in his lil cage. Maybe it is because he is use to the cage from being at Petland for a few weeks. Or it is because I put us comfy bed in there to sleep on : )
I will post pics of him soon. He is really the cutest thing EVER!!! Except for Phoebe of course. She is still my girl...and I keep reminding her of that.
So, Aunt Kathy! I now have a Cocker Spaniel and a Bichon!!!! What a great pair!
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yippeee!! How cute!!! That will be so much fun because they are both soooooooo cute.. we had so much fun all the years we had our Madison and Boo... that is great! Must be in the air ... we are getting some new little girls next week ... little cockers... just cute as little buttons. Once we get them we'll have to take pictures of them ... Dogs are just such great little buddies aren't they?Be sure to take pictures!! Hugs, Aunt Kathy
ReplyDelete