Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yesterday...

Yesterday.....yesterday was a great day.

I woke up early to see Salem perform...they ended up getting 3rd in their class. Very exciting! They also won the best marching and maneuvering caption so congrats to their drill writer and to Hillary for teaching them how to march.

After I came back from a lil lunch break I got to see some of the bands from the bigger classes. Really loved Nixa's and Camdenton's show. The guy who arranges Nixa's music is truly brilliant. I love how their show is great for those of us who know what a "good marching show" is and also has parts that those novice band spectators can really appreciate. Congrats on winning Best Winds and Best Soloist in their class as well as getting 2nd! 3rd place in Finals...think that is a great way to start October. Now, Camdenton's show was sick!!! All the detail that they already have in it...truly awesome. And of course my very favorite thing....to end a show the same way you begin. LOVE IT!!!

Along with watching some really good marching band shows I also was able to see some people and talk...people I haven't gotten to see in a while. Really makes a marching competition into a great day. Yesterday...every part of yesterday....was just what I needed.

I've really missed it.......

1 comment:

  1. To whomever is broke in the Springfield Public School system or whoever sets the Valhalla ticket fee (and to Francis Howell for their gate cost for 10 bands {seeing each band twice, finals} to their upcoming competition):

    With the prelims finished was it really necessary to charge admission to finals?

    The Hangover at the Palace was a cheaper and equally enjoyable alternative.

    Got back to JFK Stadium in time to write down finals captions and scores, before heading back to mid-Missouri.

    Glad you had a good time. Hope to see Nixa in Rolla, Salem at the football game on 10/16 and Camdenton in Jaws of Death Stadium... maybe during the playoffs?

    JC, who gazes at stars in addition to blue skies

    ReplyDelete