My Color Guard Philosophy
For every color guard or winter guard I work with I hope to instill a strong sense of self-discipline, self-motivation and an inner drive for excellence in everything the guard members do. From their performance opportunities, I want guard members to gain the self-confidence to know there is nothing they cannot achieve, no obstacle they cannot overcome, if they are willing to utilize all of their talents and work hard and long enough.
Whether during week long choreography camps, one day technique clinics, or an entire season, I strive to promote a safe and powerful culture in which guard members can experience technical excellence, a deep connection to each other, achievement of personal and group goals, and the total joy of performing.
Color Guard and Winter Guard are not just activities; it is a passion…a way of life. I wish that every guard member I work with will not just participate in color guard and/or winter guard, but that they will fall in love with the experiences of it.
“It is so easy to hide behind steps…it’s much deeper than that. Our goal should not just be to perfect what a choreographer gives us but also to allow our own unique voice as a dancer artist to come through and marry to the energy of the choreographer… That is beautiful” -- Mia Michaels
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Very nice. Maybe you could be a life coach too. R
ReplyDeleteHere's one that I really like:
ReplyDelete"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." (Rom 5.1-5)
So we need to learn from our mistakes.. it's part of life and growing up and believing the lesson learned was for us to become a better person. Hugs, Aunt Kathy