The other day I was thinking about my first year on Pride, and I don't mean fall Pride...I mean THE Pride...as in winter guard.
I think the reason why it came to mind is because one of my favorite girls from STJWG told me she is planning on trying out for Pride and I got REALLY excited for her. I talked to her a lot about it last year during the season but she wasn't sure at the time if she would be coming down here for school. My biggest thing was, she has A+...she could go to OTC for free AND spin on Pride. She is a great guard girl and I have all the faith in the world that she would do great on Pride.
Looking back, I remember my first auditions for Pride. Back then we had to choreograph our own routine which I think mine was around 1 1/2 mins long. Being able to do my own routine had a lot of pressure to it because I really wanted to start writing more shows and I knew John would be there to see it. I was excited, but not nervous. My goal was to make National Ave, and I did! But the second year was totally different.....
When you have been on Pride a year or two or three or four.....you start to make predictions on who is going to make what winter guard. I had a LOT of people telling me I would "totally make Pride this year" and it seemed to put even more pressure on me. Pride was a big deal and Pride in only your second year was an even bigger deal! I did end up making Pride that year and I was even on the rifle line (which kicked my booty)!
You can find my first year on Pride on You Tube....just search for Pride 2006 Winter Guard. We had a yellow tarp and black boards. Yeah, those boards turned out to be pretty painful at times. Especially if you weren't in your "safe zone".
I had a solo 6 at the end, first was Josh, then me, then Brian, and then I had to do it again along with Ryan. I was the only girl with a solo 6 that year if I remember correctly...which made me feel a lil like Kim (who was and still is one of my color guard idols!). That show really kicked my butt! Hope you have fun watching it!
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Watched it. Still love it.
ReplyDelete