Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Winter Guard Wednesday

Shenendehowa Winter guard is one of my favorite High School Winter guards! Check out this article on the WGI website http://www.wgi.org/featured_detail.php?id=1271

For the past 4 years I have been able to see the twins (red headed girls, amazing at what they do) get better and better and the guard as well. They have performed on a velvet tarp during that time as well which always gave them this soft and elegant feel to them. Their shows are sometimes hard to find on YouTube, but if you stumble across their 05, 06, 07 or 08 show you should totally watch them.

On another winter guard topic. Looks like I will be helping with the Willard Winter Guard this year. I am really REALLY excited about that. I came in this summer to help with their saber line and was asked to come back and work with the guard starting on Monday. It will be nice to work with the girls for the rest of the fall season before jumping into winter.

That news really made my day last night. It was almost exactly what I needed when I needed it most. When everything you love gets stripped away...what is left? That's what I have been wondering lately. God knows how much you can take and I think he knew I needed a little bit of light in this tunnel I've been in lately. Maybe this is a new beginning....

2 comments:

  1. Thers a Light at the end of this Tunnel...Third Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for you about the Willard gig! :o)

    ReplyDelete