I remember when I was in High School and my (girl) friends would tell me about staying up late just to talk to their boyfriends on the phone. When I first started dating Adam, my long term high school boyfriend from Iowa, we would talk on the phone for hours; but for that first year I only saw him a couple times a month and the phone was the only way to stay close. Once he moved down to Missouri to be closer to me the phone conversations were cut down immensely.
Now, as all my friends, family, and coworkers know, I kinda hate talking on the phone. I would text an entire conversation, one that takes hours, rather than call someone. If it is someone I cant text, Ill try emailing them a number of times before I break down and call them. If I do call someone I would rather leave a detailed voicemail of what they need to know and leave it at that. If someone calls me, even if I know them, I will usually let them leave a voicemail instead of picking up. If they don't leave a voicemail, to let me know why they actually called, I wont call them back...it wasn't important enough to leave a message it isn't important enough for me to call back.
I know that sounds ridiculous, but that is just how I am. I am slowly trying to break this characteristic of myself.
But, even though I usually hate talking on the phone I have been doing that very thing A LOT lately. The amazing man I mentioned earlier (which I need to give a name to on here soon to avoid confusion) and I talked on the phone for hours last night. 5 hours actually!!! Talking about anything...everything! Light hearted topics and serious topics. At one moment I actually started tearing up, which is hard to do to me over the phone!
What is it about him that makes me want to spend hours listening to his voice? I just cant put my finger on it yet.
Thursday, January 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment