Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Blog!!!


Yesterday I wanted to edit one of my posts and when I saw the long list of entries I thought I would look back and see exactly when my first post was. It was January 27, 2009 - Why a blog page

I had no idea my blog's birthday was coming up so quickly and now I feel bad that I didn't prepare better to celebrate for this very special day. I hope it does not hold it against me : )

One reason for starting my blog was because I saw my sister's and loved reading it. I thought that maybe I would have something to say that others would enjoy reading as well. At the time I was student teaching as well as wanting to RUN the Susan G Koman 5 K. New experiences in my life that I wanted to document and share with others. I was not and am not near as good at articulating my thoughts and feelings like my sister is, but maybe one day I will be.

During the first few months of my blog a drastic change happened in my life, a complete shift of what I thought my future was going to look like, and for some time my blog became the ONLY place I could truthfully expose all my pain and emotions. On the outside I had to keep it together, but on the inside I was completely falling apart.

There were some really special moments that happened that spring. The STLWG won first place in their class at MCCGA Championships, my sister posted about it on her blog - Proud of my Sis, I graduated from college, and got my Dream Job! All experiences that should have been extremely happy moments for me, but were clouded because of the heart break I was dealing with.

With time progressing I am finally moving on and my blog is proof of that. Those (very few) people who follow it have seen the emotional roller coaster I have been on as well as my quick dive into being an "Adult" with a big-kid-job, a house, and important responsibilities.

Looking back, I am thankful for the pain that I went through last spring and summer, because I would have never appreciated a man like Leigh if I hadn't gone through it. Without the rain I would never have learned to completely fall in love the sun.

1 comment: